Microsoft yesterday released a new update to its Remote Desktop app for iPhone and iPad, which lets you control and connect to a remote PC or laptop.
Version 10.20.0 fixes an issue where the app would crash on iOS and iPadOS 14 after using the keyboard. It also introduces an updated animations when hovering over icons with a mouse, new CMD+S and CMD+N shortcuts, CMD+F shortcut for invoking search and more:
– Addressed crashes on iOS/iPadOS 14 when entering keyboard input.
– Added the CMD+S and CMD+N shortcuts to access the “Add Workspace” and “Add PC” UI flows respectively.
– Added the CMD+F shortcut to invoke Search UI in the Connection Center.
– Added the “Expand All” and “Collapse All” commands to the Workspaces tab.
– Resolved a bug that was causing a 0xD06 protocol error when running Outlook as a remote app.
– The on-screen keyboard will now disappear when scrolling through search results in the Connection Center
– Updated the animation used when hovering over workspace icons with a mouse/trackpad pointer on iPadOS 14.
Download the updated Remote Desktop app for iPhone and iPad from the App Store.