Updated at 6:18PM EST: All issues have been marked as resolved, excluding Developer Documentation. We can confirm that it’s now possible to install macOS Big Sur and other macOS software updates.
Updated at 4:44PM EST: Most of Apple’s developer website is back up and we can see what Developer services are currently down. Additionally, Apple Pay and Apple Card are now experiencing outages.
Today is macOS Big Sur day! Unfortunately, however, macOS Software Updates have been experiencing issues since 1PM EST, when the update was released, along with other Apple services and some Apple webpages. We’ll update this article as more information comes in.
The full list of outages, as per Apple’s System Status webpage, is:
- macOS Software Update – Issue (since 1PM)
- Maps Routing & Navigation – Outage (since 3PM)
- Maps Traffic – Outage (since 3PM)
- iMessage – Issue (since 3PM)
- iCloud Mail – Resolved Issue (7:49PM Yesterday – 11AM Today)
- Developer Documentation – Outage (since 3PM)
- Developer ID Notary Service – Performance (since 3PM)
- TestFlight – Performance (since 3PM)
- Apple Pay – Outage (since 2:55PM)
- Apple Card – Outage (since 2:55PM)
Along with this, some Apple webpages are also down. A few examples are:
- Apple’s seemingly entire Developer website (https://developer.apple.com)
- Apple’s Veterans and Military shopping portal (https://www.apple.com/us/shop/goto/eppstore/veteransandmilitary)
- Apple’s Education shopping portal (https://www.apple.com/us/shop/goto/educationrouting)