While not announced at today’s Apple event, it appears Apple isn’t done with the Beats product line just yet. Today, Apple introduced Beats Flex wireless earphones for only $49.95. Here’s some of the highlighted features of the new earphones:
- Auto-pause and auto-play with magnets
- Audio Sharing, works with other Beats and AirPods
- Up to 12 hours of listening time and 10 minutes Fast Fuel for 1.5 hours of playback
- Apple W1 chip for easy connection
- Extended range and fewer dropouts with Class 1 Bluetooth
- Control volume, music, and calls with on-device controls
Updated: Apple has also discontinued the urBeats3 and Beats X after announcing these new headphones.
Inside of the box is, of course, the Beats Flex earphones, a USB-C to USB-C charging cable, ear tips with 4 size options, a quick start guide, and a warranty card. A USB-C power adapter will have to be purchased separately if you don’t already have one. Beats Flex is available in Beats Black and Yuzu Yellow, with Flame Blue and Smoke Gray colors coming this winter.