Apple announced a major redesign with macOS Big Sur (version 11). A redesigned dock, Control Center for Mac and the widgets from iOS 14 make the experience completely different. However, the update has dropped support for older Macs.
Apple says that Big Sur works with any Mac from 2013 and later, including the 2013 Mac Pro, 2014 iMac and Late 2013 MacBook Pro. The full list is below:
- iMac Pro (2017 and later)
- Mac Pro (2013 and later)
- iMac (2014 and later)
- MacBook (early 2015 and later)
- MacBook Air (mid 2013 and later)
- MacBook Pro (mid 2013 and later)
- Mac mini (2014 and later)
macOS Big Sur is now available to developers with a Public Beta set for release in July.